As of January 1, 2020, R-22 will no longer be manufactured in the U.S or imported.
What does that mean to homeowners?
If your A/C system or pool heat pump was installed before 2010, it most likely uses R-22 Freon.
- According to A/C suppliers, inventory is dwindling
- As limited supply shrinks, Freon prices will continue to increase
Homeowners facing inadequate A/C cooling or pool heating due to low Freon levels will:
- Choose to install a new R-410 A/C or Pool Heat Pump
- Choose to delay, and
- Pay higher and higher Freon cost until limited supply is depleted
- Find a source for re-conditioned supply, if available
- Undergo costly process to retrofit to use refrigerant substitute
First used nearly 70 years ago, R-22 became the main refrigerant for Air Conditioning and Pool Heat Pumps, but has since been found to contribute to the depletion of the ozone layer. The EPA mandated its phase-out; as of January 1, R-22 units/systems can no longer be sold.
If you like home comfort tips and early chances to save on quality comfort systems just put your email below! We promise we won't email you too much. Just the good stuff.
Rome Aire Guarantees:
- Quality HVAC & Pool Heating Solutions
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Over 40 Years Of Industry Experience
- Factory-Trained Technicians
- Fast & Reliable Team
- Preventative Maintenance Plans